Sunday, May 6, 2018

oh no, it ain't what it used to be


Kundera:


Her sister-in-law, admiration mixed with hostility, called her the Tigress: 'You're stock-still, nobody knows what you're thinking, and then you pounce.'


it's all too fast and nothing is safe, you know?


how boring i've become, and how unruly.


leave me here in this mixed up city. i don't want you anyhow. i'd cut the tether but i might go bat-crazy without it. 


today's a day of hot sun and cold wind, an amazing blustery day made to sweep me off my feet and thrust me hair-first into the electrical wires. don't say you're ashamed of me when it's yourself you're ashamed of. let's get our pronouns straight. let's drop the pretenses. 


yes, abandon me here in this surreal city and don't bother about what i'll become. i'm not worth your time anyhow. 


or rather, you ain't worth mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment