Wednesday, May 2, 2018

and klonopin so tempered the seething soul and brought with it a blessed relief


all day long i have been boiling and frothing with a white hot irritation. it wells up inside me and i want to tear my hair, i want to tear your hair and yell and scream, i want to drive straight on through and fuck the pedestrians, i am clumsy and lacking attention to detail and relish the pain when i plough into a trash can or get wrapped up and burned from the dogs' leashes. i want to run and run until my muscles ache because physical pain is the only conceivable culmination of all this madness. i don't understand and i am exhausted. i did not sleep enough. i need a nap but my heart pounds too forcefully and i can hear the blood in my ears telling me to get up and get something done, anything.

i am too irate to respond to text messages. i am trying not to snap at the dogs, who do not deserve my wrath. and i am doing what we all do, the only thing we all know how to do, and i am turning it inwards. i do not want to hurt anyone. i do not want to say anything i'll regret.

and the klonopin brings some level of peace despite the still-roiling mind. enough peace to let me sleep at least. and maybe something different for tomorrow.




i'm sorry this post isn't a masterpiece but benzos and anger do not combine well into pretty words. and i'm still tearing my hair. we all have our days. i have no idea how i will wake in the morning or what state i'll be in. and in this lies the exhaustion and the further fracturing of selves.

No comments:

Post a Comment