Wednesday, May 2, 2018

a strange and steady silence envelops


if only i were adequate, if only i could strive for mediocrity, take up the cello instead of this mantle that bows my back and lowers my gaze until i see naught but the dirt clinging to my tights, my too-large legs, my obvious solidity on this earth. if only i were not so melodramatic, overly flowery in the writing, that greatest of sins of the amateur as hemingway says. and i spent years looking for daisies and daffodils woven into my words, combing them out petal by petal, and here i am back again with too many commas and must i pound my hand with each adjective? yes. i am not as fragile as i look. or more fragile than that, in all likelihood. i will not pretend i have eaten today. i will not pretend i am concerned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment