Sunday, April 29, 2018

vintage shirts with vintage stains


some stains never come out. tea-colored for life. soaked through into the fibers until there's no real color left anymore. maybe it's okay because it's age-old. because it's crocheted and thin soft fabric. priceless commodity. one of a kind.

sometimes you can forget the stains. houndstooth dress, tights and heels. eyeliner and wavy red hair. maybe i have lost the concept of time in these long hours but there is a glint of something here. happiness or distraction. dinner with a client and friends and safety in a cucumber & orange salad. the sweet sting of black market cloves on my lips and through the curls of smoke the attention of those who do not know my stories. who do not know the secrets carved into my thighs and still see me. i am visible and taken for granted in the best sense of the phrase. i am real to them as i am not real to myself.


[photo removed]


maybe i ought to just trust them for a while. until i feel the cold earth solid beneath my feet and learn to balance all day and not just in the tungsten sunlight, not just after a flurry of compliments or a glass of red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment