Friday, April 27, 2018

feeling skinny is just as bad as feeling fat


today i feel skinny. i feel skeletal. i imagine my hands as little spiders, my dinosaur spine jutting out through the back of my shirt. circles under my eyes. gaunt arms, skin stretched over sinew and tendons, creating hollow cavities that catch shadows. i feel light and free and horribly, nakedly, shamefully visible.

i am losing correct perception of myself. or rather, i am realizing i never had it to begin with. as if i've been living without mirrors for 14 years. as if the mirror is always a lie and the true reflection of me is out there somewhere, if i could only find it. i always look different. i often do not recognize myself in photos. whether i feel fat or thin depends on something else entirely. it has nothing to do with what i see in the mirror.


in a way i think this is far more sinister. i have no view of myself. i am a living uncertainty. there is no constant in this experiment.

No comments:

Post a Comment