Sunday, April 29, 2018

on how to bypass the linearity of time


this week i've felt four decades pass and it's still only wednesday. i've aged and died in this week, reborn in a beautiful compliment that left me speechless and blushed and with a new fury that's aged me still. my birthday is on friday and i am not sure how old i'll be.

my skin is made of wax paper, shiny and translucent. over my knuckles it's sunken and stretched, new hollows of shadow, tendons squirming about under there like the inside of a piano. so many layers. my hand as a musical instrument. my hand as an old lady's hand, cold and papery, tiny blue veins in the palm.

ribs in my chest i haven't seen in a long time. hello again.

pale face. pale eyes containing eons.


but the city has not aged along with me. my car is still clean from yesterday's rain. that double rainbow, that golden honey twilight i could taste, that distracted my heart from its own implosions, was that so long ago?


No comments:

Post a Comment